The Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square is currently occupied by a large blue cockerel. Juxtaposed against Nelson’s Column, it seems to represent the historic rivalry of England and France. It was sculpted by a German, Katharina Fritsch, who apparently didn’t see the nationalistic significance. For her it was a humorous riposte to all the macho military figures that abound in the area.
- Four great concerts in the last week: Catherine McGrath, Soccer Mommy, Jack Grelle and Rews. None really big names… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @gengahr: ❤️ twitter.com/brightonsfines… 6 days ago
- Catherine McGrath, playing her first ever headline show tonight, at Camden Assembly, was excellent. The new songs s… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- My pick of the songs that remind me of London. tfw5.com/2018/03/03/sou… 1 week ago
- Some photos from a recent walk along the Thames from Battersea to Hammersmith. tfw5.com/2018/03/01/lov… https://t.co/RSJCvUw8dC 2 weeks ago