- Moses Boyd at the Electric Brixton, 12 March 2020
- BBC 6 Music Festival – the Roundhouse, 8 March 2020
- lovelondonscenes 168 – Sunshine on the Canal – or is it the River?
- Big Thief at Hammersmith Apollo, 27 February 2020
- GospelbeacH and Danny George Wilson at the Betsy Trotwood, Clerkenwell, 1 March 2020
- Moses Boyd and his band at the Electric Brixton on Thursday were truly sensational. See my review in the blog - lot… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Review of the excellent 6 Music festival at the Roundhouse last Sunday. Nadine Shah, Jehnny Beth, Anna Meredith, Ki… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- A few photos of the Grand Union Canal/ River Brent in the winter sunshine. tfw5.com/2020/03/07/lov… https://t.co/G4GWmrqW3p 3 weeks ago
- Review of Big Thief at Hammersmith Apollo last week. One of the best bands around. tfw5.com/2020/03/05/big… #bigthief https://t.co/0goUiYldEM 3 weeks ago
- An enjoyable gig at the Betsy Trotwood last night: Danny George Wilson and GospelbeacH Review here.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
Category Archives: Photos – Scenes from Berlin
The Ost-West cafe on Bernauer Strasse. Love that car! The People’s Police!
The Stasi Museum had a really good photo section. I liked the series of photos from the years just before the Wall came down. Showed that the youth were breaking down the Stalinist ways. Punk prevailed! This is what the … Continue reading
From the Hauptbahnhof along the River Spree towards the centre, you can view the modern Berlin. Some architectural wonders, with a hint of the monumental. I had great fun taking all sorts of pictures. Different angles and shapes. Here are … Continue reading
There are some things you can’t escape, wherever you go in the world!
Erich Mielke was head of the Stasi for an astonishing 32 years. 1957-89. This was his office – now part of the Stasi Museum. 70s Stalinist retro? 80s, 60s? Boss’s desk. Check that TV! And that comfy bed. Coffee time. … Continue reading
The least signposted museum in town. But, once you find your way there, truly fascinating. On the site of the old Stasi HQ, in an eastern suburb. On the U-Bahn: Magdalener Strasse. One of the floors is dedicated to a … Continue reading
Who can resist a Hauptbahnhof? Berlin’s new central station…