- Music and Landscape – a concert and album by Caoimhin O Raghallaigh and Thomas Bartlett; a book by Richard King
- Barrie Masters of Eddie and the Hot Rods – a tribute
- “The Beatles: Hornsey Road” by Mark Lewisohn, Bristol Redgrave Theatre 23 September 2019
- The rule of law strikes back!
- My Top 50 Albums 2000-18
- A piece on music and landscape, reflecting on a recent concert and album ("Zona Rosa") by Caoimhin O Raghallaigh an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- A tribute to Barrie Masters of rock’n’roll band Eddie and the Hot Rods, whose death was announced today. For my gen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Rock’n’roll. (Murder Capital, End of the Road). https://t.co/syPmNLzDb7 3 weeks ago
- RT @ellieelizaa: I rarely actually tweet, especially about politics - am more of the silent retweeter - but after the chilling scenes in Pa… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Ed_Miliband: In my 4+ years opposing David Cameron I never saw a parliamentary performance like tonight’s from Boris Johnson: deeply ir… 3 weeks ago
Category Archives: Photos – Scenes from Berlin
The Ost-West cafe on Bernauer Strasse. Love that car! The People’s Police!
The Stasi Museum had a really good photo section. I liked the series of photos from the years just before the Wall came down. Showed that the youth were breaking down the Stalinist ways. Punk prevailed! This is what the … Continue reading
From the Hauptbahnhof along the River Spree towards the centre, you can view the modern Berlin. Some architectural wonders, with a hint of the monumental. I had great fun taking all sorts of pictures. Different angles and shapes. Here are … Continue reading
There are some things you can’t escape, wherever you go in the world!
Erich Mielke was head of the Stasi for an astonishing 32 years. 1957-89. This was his office – now part of the Stasi Museum. 70s Stalinist retro? 80s, 60s? Boss’s desk. Check that TV! And that comfy bed. Coffee time. … Continue reading
The least signposted museum in town. But, once you find your way there, truly fascinating. On the site of the old Stasi HQ, in an eastern suburb. On the U-Bahn: Magdalener Strasse. One of the floors is dedicated to a … Continue reading
Who can resist a Hauptbahnhof? Berlin’s new central station…