- Lindi Ortega at Komedia, Brighton and The Garage, London, 12 and 14 June 2018
- Jehnny Beth and Simon Armitage at King’s Place, 9 June 2018
- All Points East Festival, Victoria Park, 2 June 2018
- Car Seat Headrest at the Roundhouse, Nils Lofgren at the Barbican, May 2018
- Sportsthoughts (162) – Those Premier League predictions 2017-18. The outcome!
- My review of two great Lindi Ortega concerts in the last week at Komedia Brighton and the Garage Islington.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- A fascinating conversation last Saturday between Jehnny Beth and Simon Armitage about the relationship between poet… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- My take on All points east festival, 2 June, featuring The National and War on Drugs. tfw5.com/2018/06/10/all… https://t.co/O476lBRNlJ 1 week ago
- Review of two excellent concerts I went to recently: Car Seat Headrest at the Roundhouse and Nils Lofgren at the Ba… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- A review of my Premier League predictions for 2017-18. Got some right! tfw5.com/2018/05/30/spo… 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: Photos – Scenes from Berlin
The Ost-West cafe on Bernauer Strasse. Love that car! The People’s Police!
The Stasi Museum had a really good photo section. I liked the series of photos from the years just before the Wall came down. Showed that the youth were breaking down the Stalinist ways. Punk prevailed! This is what the … Continue reading
From the Hauptbahnhof along the River Spree towards the centre, you can view the modern Berlin. Some architectural wonders, with a hint of the monumental. I had great fun taking all sorts of pictures. Different angles and shapes. Here are … Continue reading
There are some things you can’t escape, wherever you go in the world!
Erich Mielke was head of the Stasi for an astonishing 32 years. 1957-89. This was his office – now part of the Stasi Museum. 70s Stalinist retro? 80s, 60s? Boss’s desk. Check that TV! And that comfy bed. Coffee time. … Continue reading
The least signposted museum in town. But, once you find your way there, truly fascinating. On the site of the old Stasi HQ, in an eastern suburb. On the U-Bahn: Magdalener Strasse. One of the floors is dedicated to a … Continue reading
Who can resist a Hauptbahnhof? Berlin’s new central station…