- 2019 was another great year for music. Here's my top ten albums of the year list, with a few more recommendations t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- We do still have a progressive majority in this country you know? It's just that voting system suppresses it. More… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Oh well, the people of England (minus London presumably) have spoken. Hope they don’t regret it. Think they might.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @IanDunt: Soho. https://t.co/cerBJfBETu 3 days ago
- Went to three concerts this week: Julia Jacklin, Fat White Family and Aldous Harding. All great in different ways.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Category Archives: Photos – Scenes from Berlin
The Ost-West cafe on Bernauer Strasse. Love that car! The People’s Police!
The Stasi Museum had a really good photo section. I liked the series of photos from the years just before the Wall came down. Showed that the youth were breaking down the Stalinist ways. Punk prevailed! This is what the … Continue reading
From the Hauptbahnhof along the River Spree towards the centre, you can view the modern Berlin. Some architectural wonders, with a hint of the monumental. I had great fun taking all sorts of pictures. Different angles and shapes. Here are … Continue reading
There are some things you can’t escape, wherever you go in the world!
Erich Mielke was head of the Stasi for an astonishing 32 years. 1957-89. This was his office – now part of the Stasi Museum. 70s Stalinist retro? 80s, 60s? Boss’s desk. Check that TV! And that comfy bed. Coffee time. … Continue reading
The least signposted museum in town. But, once you find your way there, truly fascinating. On the site of the old Stasi HQ, in an eastern suburb. On the U-Bahn: Magdalener Strasse. One of the floors is dedicated to a … Continue reading
Who can resist a Hauptbahnhof? Berlin’s new central station…