- Review of two concerts I went to this week: The Murder Capital at SWX Bristol; Gengahr at EartH Hackney.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- Angel Olsen was fantastic at Hammersmith Apollo last night. My review here, with plenty of photos. I had a good sea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @ByDonkeys: A message to Europe, this morning on the White Cliffs of Dover. Sound on. https://t.co/E3VY8BaGjK 3 weeks ago
- RT @donaldtusk: My dear British friends. We were, we are, and we will always be a Community. And no brexit will ever change that. 🇪🇺❤️🇬🇧 3 weeks ago
- A walk from Canary Wharf to Islington in black and white. featuring the Regent's Canal. tfw5.com/2020/01/19/lov… https://t.co/Y1N49Zo2C8 1 month ago
Category Archives: Photos – Scenes from Berlin
The Ost-West cafe on Bernauer Strasse. Love that car! The People’s Police!
The Stasi Museum had a really good photo section. I liked the series of photos from the years just before the Wall came down. Showed that the youth were breaking down the Stalinist ways. Punk prevailed! This is what the … Continue reading
From the Hauptbahnhof along the River Spree towards the centre, you can view the modern Berlin. Some architectural wonders, with a hint of the monumental. I had great fun taking all sorts of pictures. Different angles and shapes. Here are … Continue reading
There are some things you can’t escape, wherever you go in the world!
Erich Mielke was head of the Stasi for an astonishing 32 years. 1957-89. This was his office – now part of the Stasi Museum. 70s Stalinist retro? 80s, 60s? Boss’s desk. Check that TV! And that comfy bed. Coffee time. … Continue reading
The least signposted museum in town. But, once you find your way there, truly fascinating. On the site of the old Stasi HQ, in an eastern suburb. On the U-Bahn: Magdalener Strasse. One of the floors is dedicated to a … Continue reading
Who can resist a Hauptbahnhof? Berlin’s new central station…