St Pancras station, last Thursday afternoon. As I arrived back in London from Nottingham, I came upon this commemoration of the First World War. With outfits from the era and poppies held aloft at one point (I was too slow to get the iPhone out for that). It was a moving and dignified tribute to those who fought for our country. Shame it was held right in front of a shop with one of the most nonsensical names ever.
- Spent a few days at Edinburgh festival. This is what I found. tfw5.com/2017/08/14/a-f… @edfringe 2 days ago
- Just published a book of poems. "Growin' Up - Snapshots/fragments". Memories of youth. Blog and link to Amazon here. tfw5.com/2017/08/08/som… 1 week ago
- My Premier League predictions for 2017-18. Warning: do not bet any money on the basis of these. I'm always wrong! tfw5.com/2017/08/06/spo… 1 week ago
- Have you heard Catherine McGrath? A great new country singer, from N.Ireland. Read my piece here. tfw5.com/2017/08/05/hav… @imcathmcgrath 1 week ago
- Sportsthoughts 159. A great evening at Chelsea, which included a nostalgic conversation with Ron "Chopper" Harris. tfw5.com/2017/08/03/spo… 1 week ago