- A Thames Journey (8)
- Art, books, theatre, cinema (63)
- Canal and River life (5)
- London (65)
- Music – concerts, lists, reflections (273)
- Music – Have You Heard? (90)
- Music – Top Tens (37)
- Photos (75)
- Photos – lovelondonscenes (172)
- Photos – Scenes from Berlin (16)
- Poems (3)
- Politics and social (3)
- Random stuff (53)
- Sportsthoughts (174)
- Uncategorized (1)
Join 826 other followers
- My Premier League predictions for 2022-23. Treat with caution! tfw5.com/2022/08/02/spo… 1 week ago
- A tribute to England at Euro 2022. What a great achievement! tfw5.com/2022/08/01/spo… 1 week ago
- Another brilliant Latitude last weekend. My review attached. Favourite shows: Foals, Phoebe Bridgers, Little Simz,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- A review of three special concerts I've seen recently: Greentea Peng, Sharon van Etten and Kacey Musgraves. Kacey a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Really enjoyed Wide Awake festival in Brockwell Park, Brixton on Saturday. Primal Scream headlining, playing their… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
Tag Archives: London Eye
Like the proverbial London bus, you wait for ages for a lovelondonscenes – I’m sure you’ve been getting desperate – and then two turn up at once. This one is from Thursday evening. Taken through a window at the Tattershall … Continue reading
It’s about 5.30, Friday evening. I’m on my way to a leaving do at the brilliant Zeitgeist bar in Vauxhall. On the Black Prince Road. Excellent German beers. It’s a wonderful evening, seeing and talking to so many good people. … Continue reading
The Houses of Parliament from the other side of the river, on Albert Embankment. And the London Eye, from Lambeth Bridge. Just popped out at lunch time today and tried that other side of the river…
The London Eye from St James’s Park bridge, around 6.30pm Tuesday, 21 January. And Trafalgar Square a few minutes after.
Landmarks, old and new.
We went to see “Othello” at the National Theatre tonight. Truly stunning. So was the sunset as we sat out on the Olivier Theatre terrace before the performance began.
View from meeting room A.