- A Thames Journey (6)
- Art, books, theatre, cinema (62)
- Canal and River life (4)
- London (64)
- Music – concerts, lists, reflections (249)
- Music – Have You Heard? (90)
- Music – Top Tens (35)
- Photos (74)
- Photos – lovelondonscenes (171)
- Photos – Scenes from Berlin (16)
- Poems (3)
- Politics and social (3)
- Random stuff (53)
- Sportsthoughts (171)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Part six of my Thames Journey series: Marlow to Hampton Court. Ranging from the Magna Carta to the Profumo Affair..… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Hampton Court yesterday morning. #thames https://t.co/ikOBWB3Ct5 3 weeks ago
- Part five of my Thames Journey series: Cholsey to Marlow, with Goring, Reading and Henley on the way. And what does… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Big sky, shimmering shore. The Thames at Chiswick Mall. #thames https://t.co/1K33QiWJ5q 1 month ago
- A blog on the last tracks on albums - if you listen to whole albums - and what they can mean. Some of my favourites… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: London Eye
Like the proverbial London bus, you wait for ages for a lovelondonscenes – I’m sure you’ve been getting desperate – and then two turn up at once. This one is from Thursday evening. Taken through a window at the Tattershall … Continue reading
It’s about 5.30, Friday evening. I’m on my way to a leaving do at the brilliant Zeitgeist bar in Vauxhall. On the Black Prince Road. Excellent German beers. It’s a wonderful evening, seeing and talking to so many good people. … Continue reading
The Houses of Parliament from the other side of the river, on Albert Embankment. And the London Eye, from Lambeth Bridge. Just popped out at lunch time today and tried that other side of the river…
The London Eye from St James’s Park bridge, around 6.30pm Tuesday, 21 January. And Trafalgar Square a few minutes after.
Landmarks, old and new.
We went to see “Othello” at the National Theatre tonight. Truly stunning. So was the sunset as we sat out on the Olivier Theatre terrace before the performance began.
View from meeting room A.