- A Thames Journey (7)
- Art, books, theatre, cinema (62)
- Canal and River life (4)
- London (64)
- Music – concerts, lists, reflections (250)
- Music – Have You Heard? (90)
- Music – Top Tens (36)
- Photos (74)
- Photos – lovelondonscenes (171)
- Photos – Scenes from Berlin (16)
- Poems (3)
- Politics and social (3)
- Random stuff (53)
- Sportsthoughts (171)
- Uncategorized (1)
- The seventh instalment of my Thames Journey blog, from Hampton Court to Kew. tfw5.com/2021/03/13/a-t… #thames… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @springsteen: Meet me in a land of hope and dreams #CelebratingAmerica youtu.be/fW_Vny_aXNM 2 months ago
- My top twenty albums for 2020, and a few reflections on music in this strangest of years. tfw5.com/2020/12/24/my-… 3 months ago
- Vauxhall Bridge, 2.40 today. #thames https://t.co/AuJ4DmDBjX 4 months ago
- Part six of my Thames Journey series: Marlow to Hampton Court. Ranging from the Magna Carta to the Profumo Affair..… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
Tag Archives: London Eye
Like the proverbial London bus, you wait for ages for a lovelondonscenes – I’m sure you’ve been getting desperate – and then two turn up at once. This one is from Thursday evening. Taken through a window at the Tattershall … Continue reading
It’s about 5.30, Friday evening. I’m on my way to a leaving do at the brilliant Zeitgeist bar in Vauxhall. On the Black Prince Road. Excellent German beers. It’s a wonderful evening, seeing and talking to so many good people. … Continue reading
The Houses of Parliament from the other side of the river, on Albert Embankment. And the London Eye, from Lambeth Bridge. Just popped out at lunch time today and tried that other side of the river…
The London Eye from St James’s Park bridge, around 6.30pm Tuesday, 21 January. And Trafalgar Square a few minutes after.
Landmarks, old and new.
We went to see “Othello” at the National Theatre tonight. Truly stunning. So was the sunset as we sat out on the Olivier Theatre terrace before the performance began.
View from meeting room A.