- Review of two concerts I went to this week: The Murder Capital at SWX Bristol; Gengahr at EartH Hackney.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- Angel Olsen was fantastic at Hammersmith Apollo last night. My review here, with plenty of photos. I had a good sea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @ByDonkeys: A message to Europe, this morning on the White Cliffs of Dover. Sound on. https://t.co/E3VY8BaGjK 3 weeks ago
- RT @donaldtusk: My dear British friends. We were, we are, and we will always be a Community. And no brexit will ever change that. 🇪🇺❤️🇬🇧 3 weeks ago
- A walk from Canary Wharf to Islington in black and white. featuring the Regent's Canal. tfw5.com/2020/01/19/lov… https://t.co/Y1N49Zo2C8 1 month ago
Tag Archives: City of London
A week or so ago I had an afternoon stroll through the City. I got off the tube at Holborn and headed east, down High Holborn, over Holborn Viaduct, along Newgate Street and Cheapside eventually to Leadenhall Street, where most … Continue reading
Just walking up to the Tate Modern, to do a bit of writing, I stopped under the Blackfriars railway bridge and took a few shots. I liked the way the underside of the bridge framed St Paul’s and the City … Continue reading
Over the past three years, Kath and I and our friends Jon and Maggie have been walking the length of the Thames. Today, in glorious winter sunshine, we filled a little London gap, which just leaves a stretch in Oxfordshire … Continue reading
Yesterday I spent a few hours at the Tate Modern working on the follow up novel to “The Decision”. Afterwards, around 4.30, I walked over the Millenium Bridge en route to Mansion House tube station. The views of the City … Continue reading
I was walking along the river yesterday lunch time, heading for the Tate Modern. I liked this scene near Blackfriars railway bridge, of the City caught in a low cloud or mist. St Paul’s stands aloof. In black and white.
Inspired by the excellent “London Nights” photo exhibition at the Museum of London , which I saw a week or so ago, I took this shot and turned it into black and white. It was 6 o’clock in the evening.
I took these shots the Friday before last. I was on London Wall, near the place I’m getting some physio for my back at the moment. The sun was shining through the clouds, and the side of the tower positively … Continue reading