- 2019 was another great year for music. Here's my top ten albums of the year list, with a few more recommendations t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- We do still have a progressive majority in this country you know? It's just that voting system suppresses it. More… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Oh well, the people of England (minus London presumably) have spoken. Hope they don’t regret it. Think they might.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @IanDunt: Soho. https://t.co/cerBJfBETu 3 days ago
- Went to three concerts this week: Julia Jacklin, Fat White Family and Aldous Harding. All great in different ways.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: The Shard
Over the past three years, Kath and I and our friends Jon and Maggie have been walking the length of the Thames. Today, in glorious winter sunshine, we filled a little London gap, which just leaves a stretch in Oxfordshire … Continue reading
Sportsthoughts (146) – Two great days of sport: Cheltenham, Chelsea v West Ham and England’s Grand Slam
Yes, two great days of sports viewing, with a decent amount of beer and wine drinking thrown in! Sometimes it just has to be done… On Friday, just gone, I took the day off work, with a few friends, to … Continue reading
The Shard lurking in the mist last week in London. Foreground is by the Thames at Lambeth Bridge.
I was walking over London Bridge at 9.30 in the morning yesterday, on a day off, to meet friends for breakfast at Roast in Borough Market. The mist was rising from the Thames as the sun started to assert its … Continue reading
I took this photo with my iPhone through the window from an office on Millbank, near the Tate Britain. I like the layers: the tree, the river, Lambeth Bridge and Palace and then the towers of the City and, of … Continue reading
The Shard… from Battersea. Miles away and just shows how the bends in the River Thames can be so deceptive.