- Having read the Guardian's Top 100 albums of this century, I thought I'd do my own fifty. It's pretty different. No… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- Some shots of a rather lovely Hammersmith sunset last night. tfw5.com/2019/09/19/lov… https://t.co/qYMbxvq7dM 2 days ago
- RT @mrdavidwhitley: What I'm looking forward to is Johnson's only escape route being to call a No Confidence Vote in himself, with that bei… 2 weeks ago
- Another brilliant End of the Road festival last weekend. Here's my review. tfw5.com/2019/09/05/end… @EOTR… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RoryStewartUK: The recent EU “negotiation” has been a sham. And no-deal is an fairy-story - rejected repeatedly by parliament and by th… 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: The Shard
Over the past three years, Kath and I and our friends Jon and Maggie have been walking the length of the Thames. Today, in glorious winter sunshine, we filled a little London gap, which just leaves a stretch in Oxfordshire … Continue reading
Sportsthoughts (146) – Two great days of sport: Cheltenham, Chelsea v West Ham and England’s Grand Slam
Yes, two great days of sports viewing, with a decent amount of beer and wine drinking thrown in! Sometimes it just has to be done… On Friday, just gone, I took the day off work, with a few friends, to … Continue reading
The Shard lurking in the mist last week in London. Foreground is by the Thames at Lambeth Bridge.
I was walking over London Bridge at 9.30 in the morning yesterday, on a day off, to meet friends for breakfast at Roast in Borough Market. The mist was rising from the Thames as the sun started to assert its … Continue reading
I took this photo with my iPhone through the window from an office on Millbank, near the Tate Britain. I like the layers: the tree, the river, Lambeth Bridge and Palace and then the towers of the City and, of … Continue reading
The Shard… from Battersea. Miles away and just shows how the bends in the River Thames can be so deceptive.