- A Thames Journey (3)
- Art, books, theatre, cinema (62)
- Canal and River life (3)
- London (64)
- Music – concerts, lists, reflections (247)
- Music – Have You Heard? (90)
- Music – Top Tens (35)
- Photos (74)
- Photos – lovelondonscenes (170)
- Photos – Scenes from Berlin (16)
- Poems (3)
- Politics and social (3)
- Random stuff (53)
- Sportsthoughts (170)
- No 3 in my canal and river series. The plants of the towpath - many and varied. tfw5.com/2020/08/11/can… https://t.co/J34Ob0oWup 2 days ago
- Canal and river life part two - the birds this time. tfw5.com/2020/08/06/can… https://t.co/GTWD6ujylf 1 week ago
- Reflections on the water can be a work of art. A selection of photos from the Grand Union Canal and Thames to prove… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- My new novel "Hope Rising" is available now on Amazon and Kindle. It's the follow up to "The Decision", set in 2027… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- The third instalment of my Thames Journey series: Newbridge to Oxford. tfw5.com/2020/07/14/a-t… https://t.co/IjzrwUD9a9 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Thames
Sweete Themmes, runne softly, till I end my song. (Edmund Spenser, 1596) One of the things I’ve missed most in this time of lockdown is being able to walk along the banks of the River Thames. I’ve whiled away many … Continue reading
Went to the Tate Modern yesterday to see The “Radical Eye” (Elton John’s early C20 collection of modernist photos) and Rauschenberg exhibitions. Liked the photos – Man Ray the highlight. Rauschenberg a mixed bag – liked the collages; the rest … Continue reading
A misty Thames scene, yesterday, taken from Millbank, looking over Victoria Tower Gardens, towards Lambeth Palace. Winter beauty.
Fulham football club’s ground, Craven Cottage, from the other side of the Thames, today. Just as I went to take a photo, a flock of Canada geese took off. I just about captured them. My arty one… Looking towards Hammersmith. … Continue reading
One man rowing on a surfboard, or something like it, on the Thames at Hammersmith as the sun starts to set today.
The Shard lurking in the mist last week in London. Foreground is by the Thames at Lambeth Bridge.
Today was a beautiful autumn day, after a run of miserably rainy days. Crisply cold and sunny. I cycled down to Richmond and then worked my way back downstream to Putney. Took in seven landmark bridges. There are a few … Continue reading
View upstream from Richmond Lock. Twickenham Bridge and Richmond Hill through the arch. Beautiful autumn day, today. Watch out for blog on seven London bridges later.
Barnes Bridge at low tide, today. Sailing on the Thames at Hammersmith, Saturday.