- A Thames Journey (6)
- Art, books, theatre, cinema (62)
- Canal and River life (4)
- London (64)
- Music – concerts, lists, reflections (250)
- Music – Have You Heard? (90)
- Music – Top Tens (36)
- Photos (74)
- Photos – lovelondonscenes (171)
- Photos – Scenes from Berlin (16)
- Poems (3)
- Politics and social (3)
- Random stuff (53)
- Sportsthoughts (171)
- Uncategorized (1)
- My top twenty albums for 2020, and a few reflections on music in this strangest of years. tfw5.com/2020/12/24/my-… 3 weeks ago
- Vauxhall Bridge, 2.40 today. #thames https://t.co/AuJ4DmDBjX 1 month ago
- Part six of my Thames Journey series: Marlow to Hampton Court. Ranging from the Magna Carta to the Profumo Affair..… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Hampton Court yesterday morning. #thames https://t.co/ikOBWB3Ct5 2 months ago
- Part five of my Thames Journey series: Cholsey to Marlow, with Goring, Reading and Henley on the way. And what does… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
Tag Archives: Thames
Sweete Themmes, runne softly, till I end my song. (Edmund Spenser, 1596) One of the things I’ve missed most in this time of lockdown is being able to walk along the banks of the River Thames. I’ve whiled away many … Continue reading
Went to the Tate Modern yesterday to see The “Radical Eye” (Elton John’s early C20 collection of modernist photos) and Rauschenberg exhibitions. Liked the photos – Man Ray the highlight. Rauschenberg a mixed bag – liked the collages; the rest … Continue reading
A misty Thames scene, yesterday, taken from Millbank, looking over Victoria Tower Gardens, towards Lambeth Palace. Winter beauty.
Fulham football club’s ground, Craven Cottage, from the other side of the Thames, today. Just as I went to take a photo, a flock of Canada geese took off. I just about captured them. My arty one… Looking towards Hammersmith. … Continue reading
One man rowing on a surfboard, or something like it, on the Thames at Hammersmith as the sun starts to set today.
The Shard lurking in the mist last week in London. Foreground is by the Thames at Lambeth Bridge.
Today was a beautiful autumn day, after a run of miserably rainy days. Crisply cold and sunny. I cycled down to Richmond and then worked my way back downstream to Putney. Took in seven landmark bridges. There are a few … Continue reading
View upstream from Richmond Lock. Twickenham Bridge and Richmond Hill through the arch. Beautiful autumn day, today. Watch out for blog on seven London bridges later.
Barnes Bridge at low tide, today. Sailing on the Thames at Hammersmith, Saturday.